So the powers that be, who invented the whole modern calendar thing, really had it down. After the crazy, gluttonous, excitement of the holidays all we mentally and physically want is a refresh. I am ready to just strip the house bare of Christmas decorations, clean up all the clutter and start bare. I especially feel the need this year. After a summer of being displaced due to home renovations, a fall of living with every workman under the sun in and out of our house and a Christmas spend with multiple visits to the doctor (for all of us) including one trip to the ER (stitches for the little one) and a case of pneumonia (again, for the little one), I am looking forward to a quiet and focused New Year. Thankfully we are currently spending a week with my family in Sea Island, GA which is offering us some much needed rest and relaxation and helping us all to get healthy.
I think the calm ocean waters this morning are a sign of things for 2014.
Of course I wouldn’t be me with out a few goals and plans for 2014, but let start small.
• Get out and photograph more…just for me. Not for a client, but for me. It makes me a better photographer and there were so many times this fall I felt this desire, but didn’t make the time.
• Business plan. I have some big thoughts and plans for my business and how to prepare my business as baby #2 approaches. Still figuring out the action plan so stay tuned.
• Spend more time just “playing” with my daughter. No iPhone, no trying to tidy-up or trying to do the dishes as she plays nearby, but to truly be with her.
• Organize. I know, a boring goal everyone has on their list, but between the studio move, house move, renovation and overall life upheaval, nothing in my life seems in place. I don’t even know which cupboard we store the paper towels. January is business building and home organization month.
• Health. Again, on most eveyone’s list but candy has sort of become my crutch this pregnancy and that has got to end. (As I just finished off some very cherry Jelly Belly’s) Here’s to a new year of eating more veggies, drinking more water, and getting more sleep.
No looking back. Only forward.
And running towards the future without fear!
Happy New Year to you all. Thank you so much for reading and I promise much more blogging in 2014. XOXO