Monday morning you sure look fine.
July 25, 2011
Well, we survived the blistering heat wave that engulfed the north east this weekend and welcomed a breezy, slightly cloudy Monday morning with open arms. For the weekend we had my god-son in town, and we had a blast showing him Boston, despite the sweltering heat.
I had wanted to do a “tourist in your own city” photo blog post today, but I could barely manage to lug around my SLR this weekend in the 100+ degree temps. I’ll have to just leave you with a little play-by-play of our tourist weekend in Boston.
• Airport pick-up
• Walk to the North End, see outside of Paul Revere housr
• Dinner in the North End at L’Osteria – authentic, side street, mom & pop type Italian place. Dinner in the quaint North End is a must for any Boston tourist.
• Improve comedy show at Improv Asylum (great fun)
• Gelato and walk home
• New England Aquarium (go see all my biologist and fish friends, was also nice and cool)
• Walk a bit of the Freedom Trail home
• Walking tour of Beacon Hill (Only mediocre this of the weekend. Tour guide was about as exciting as dry white toast…we skipped out early)
• Walk to Cheers and despite god-son being 18 years old and never having seen Cheer, bought him a cheesy t-shirt
• Walk in Public Garden, so pretty
• Dinner at Beehive in South End (Delish and fun live music playing. Walking in this place just makes you feel cool.)
• Dessert at the Top of the Hub. (Totally a touristly thing to do, but with the best views of the city you can see why.)
• Drop off at the airport after a fun filled weekend.